View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012   #145
dc_txtech 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 46441 dc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respecteddc_txtech is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Plaxico Burress Rumored to be Considered by Texans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carr Bombed View Post
Plaxico Burress is not "really old".. He turns 35 next week, but with the prison term it's a young 35 (even without the time off 35 isn't ancient for a WR), and his game has never been about speed anyways so he's still got plenty of tread left on the tires. In limited playing time the guy had 8 TDs last season. Despite his age he's still one of the best red zone threats in the league. He's going to help out and be a asset to which ever team signs him... especially if they get him on a 1 year deal at the vet min.
35 is really old for a WR in the NFL. And I would argue that using a prison sentence as a reason to go ahead and sign someone is not a good bargaining chip.

If he is so good why is he waiting for a call when even TO has gotten a deal?

JMO but I don't want any part of Plaxico and I think our passing game will be just fine without him.