View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012   #332
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87732 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official 2012 Training Camp Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
I think Case Keenum, if he has a decent preseason and looks like Chase Daniel did for the Saints a few years back, will be poached off waivers if we try to get Case to the PS. But Grimes? I think he is a PS guy all the way, IMO.
Daniel wasn't actually poached off waivers. Nobody claimed him when the Redskins let him go in their final cut. He went to the Saints PS after going unclaimed (Although I believe he did choose them over the same offer from the Redskins).

He spent the first three weeks of the '09 season on the Saints practice squad, got promoted to the 53 man roster for about two weeks, and then bounced back and forth between the PS and the 53 man roster a couple of times before landing on the 53 man roster for good prior to the Saints last regular season game in 2009 (technically, Jan. 2010). He actually ended up getting waived three times during the '09 season (Once by Washington and twice by New Orleans), and cleared waivers all three times.

I may end up being wrong, but unless Case looks incredible, I just have a difficult time seeing his stock rise that much between the draft and the end of preseason.