View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012   #18
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our first round pick Whitney Mercilus

Case will have to be electric this preseason to get the #3 spot ahead of Beck, and Beck is going to have to tank it as well.

Keenum is getting some nice praise from Kubiak, but I always read Kubiak's quotes about players with a focus in trying to read between the lines. In the most recent praise Kubiak has for Case, it's not the same "gush level" as we see Kubiak/Keyshawn Martin praise comments.

Kubiak is being nice, is obviously genuine, but there's nothing in the Kubiak praise-for-Keenum quotes that makes me think Case is really standing out from the pack thus far.

So Case Keenum is going to need to maximize his chances and basically make the decision an easy one for Kubiak. I don't think Gary Kubiak is going to just hand the #3 job to Keenum. In fact, I don't think Gary is going to just hand the Kicker job to Bullock either. Gary is growing up. He's realizing he cannot be everybody's pal and play the favoritism games like he did with the David Andersons, the Amobi Okoyes, and the Jacoby Joneses of the NFL. With success, Gary is seemingly unlearning some bad habits from his first several years here.

Case, you better make some noise and be smart with the ball. Period.