View Single Post
Old 08-09-2012   #121
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Plaxico Burress Rumored to be Considered by Texans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281 View Post
Sorry, won't happen. Smithiak doesn't want guys like him on our team.
I don't think that is as "carved in stone" as it used to be. If they need him and can use him they'll go get him.

I don't think that what's keeping Burress off of the Texans boils down to him being "a guy like that". I think it's that they still believe that somebody we already have in camp will step up and sieze the opportunity. They may even be right. We really don't know yet.

They also know that if none of them step up then there will be a window later in camp when a number of veterans will be looking for work (Plaxico among them) and that if it comes down to that then a few weeks in camp won't really make a difference to that player.