View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012   #14
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wade Phillips Blitz Packages

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
This quote struck me as odd, maybe a misspeak, when I read it, but maybe you're onto something here.

Maybe there's intent to use him in the middle more, now or in the future. Maybe they ultimately see him playing inside.
That would really explain:
1) The Mercilus Pick
2) The Demeco trade

If they're planning for a future with Barwin and Mercilus on the outside and Cush and Reed on the inside, it makes a lot of sense. That, and picking up Bradie James as a transition player until Reed can transition to the middle. That would give us an entire starting LB corps drafted in the last few years instead of 3 OLBs and a looming hole in the middle.

Unless they saw Sharpton as the future in the middle... which I'm starting to doubt.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote