View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012   #91
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 64918 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: JJ Watt down in practice Update: Arm/elbow Injury

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
I'm not sure where you may have gotten the impression that I believe that this is a minimal injury. Just the opposite. The description of the injury reflects a complete dislocation. If this is so, it implies significant ligament damage. We haven't and probably will not receive any comments as to what if any nerve stretch effects may have occured. All of this in mind certainly is why I would have to question a rehab at this time which includes push ups (even if it were only a partial dislocation). I've seen examples of "uncomplicated" dislocations where too intense rehab too soon have ended up doubling an expected 3-6 week return to play. This is not to even touch upon the potential compensatory injury factor.

Please accept my apologies. I misunderstood. I read it the other way. I absolutely agree with you.