View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012   #90
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: JJ Watt down in practice Update: Arm/elbow Injury

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
All I'm going to say is that even in most partial dislocations (which this was not described as such), splint or sling immobilization is typically carried out for at least a week. After that, range of motion exercises. Then, strengthening phase which begins with exercise beginning with gentle supporting muscle exercises to regain full range of motion, graduating to regain full strength. Then power exercises when muscles are at full strength. Push ups for a 288 lb man on the 4th day? Something appears to be wrong with the reporting of the injury or the rehab regimen.
I am not a doctor ( I have stayed in Holiday Inn Express) but agree with you 100%. I think is a lot of pressure for players to get back on field quickly, even if that pressure is from the player. The next two weeks off can only help Watt.