View Single Post
Old 08-07-2012   #86
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
All I'm going to say is that even in most partial dislocations (which this was not described as such), splint or sling immobilization is typically carried out for at least a week. After that, range of motion exercises. Then, strengthening phase which begins with exercise beginning with gentle supporting muscle exercises to regain full range of motion, graduating to regain full strength. Then power exercises when muscles are at full strength. Push ups for a 288 lb man on the 4th day? Something appears to be wrong with the reporting of the injury or the rehab regimen.
Unfortunately, the drive to succeed seems to drive the player to accelerate a comeback sooner than what's best for him.

The result: Risk of re-injury or risk of compensating injury.

The environment of team locker rooms has been, and always will be, one of high expectations. Players have it of themselves, and fans have those expectations. Coaches too. Etc.

Instead of Kubiak speaking in glowing terms of JJ doing pushups...I wish he would have said something to the effect of "I told him we'd fine him $250 if we caught him doing that again. He needs to rest it, not prove something."

Oh well. Maybe it was not a severe dislocation.