View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012   #25
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jerry Jones cried after losing to Texans in 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestrate View Post
The only issue I really have regarding Jerry Jones, and it's really any owner, is the tendency to get overly involved. If you hire someone to do a job, you don't interfere with what they're trying to do. If you feel you have to interfere and cause problems, then you should just fire the person rather than cause drama. I know, he's the owner of the team, he's entitled to blah blah blah. But the distraction can be among the worst things for a team to deal with.

I'll much prefer an owner who, if he has disagreements with the coaching staff, keeps it out of the public eye, and runs his team from behind the scene.
First off, I'm not disagreeing with you. That's what I want the owner of my team to do.

But Jerry Jones bought the Cowboys so that he could be a "real" football guy. He's like Al Davis without the football credentials. He's not just the owner, he's the general manager. He hasn't hired a real GM because he enjoys being a general manager. He really believes, and has said on several occasions, that he could be a damned fine football coach. And he wants to hire coaches who are going to listen to him, pay attention to his advice, and do what he says because that's why he bought the team.

His purpose in owning the Dallas Cowboys isn't really to put together the best group of professionals to go out and win Super Bowls, his purpose is to play Madden in real life. This is his way of playing fantasy football.

And I don't really have a problem with that. If you've got the money to throw around like that, rock on.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote