View Single Post
Old 08-06-2012   #21
majestrate
All Pro

Rep Power: 9001 majestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respectedmajestrate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Jerry Jones cried after losing to Texans in 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Say what you want about Jerry Jones in this scenario, but if this is true I have more respect for the man, because that shows passion. Maybe the old man has to much passion and arrogance at times, but if he really cried that showed how much his team's success means to him not only for his ambition, but also to have the best team in Texas. I only wish I felt the confidence that Bob felt that same way. I think Bob is a classy guy and a really good man, but I don't have the confidence that Bob has that kind of passion for the sport of football. I know that some people in here love the guy and I understand that, but I want to see Bob show a little more grit and passion for winning. Maybe he has it, and I'm not saying that it isn't existent, but I want him to push it out there publicly so I can feel it. If he did, I'd be really proud.
The only issue I really have regarding Jerry Jones, and it's really any owner, is the tendency to get overly involved. If you hire someone to do a job, you don't interfere with what they're trying to do. If you feel you have to interfere and cause problems, then you should just fire the person rather than cause drama. I know, he's the owner of the team, he's entitled to blah blah blah. But the distraction can be among the worst things for a team to deal with.

I'll much prefer an owner who, if he has disagreements with the coaching staff, keeps it out of the public eye, and runs his team from behind the scene.
majestrate is offline   Reply With Quote