View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012   #262
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 223239 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official 2012 Training Camp Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Over the course of camp, both Martin and Posey have had some flashy days, not flashy days. Posey's size is nice, and Martin has played both in the slot and outside. Next week Kubiak says he's going to try to settle down the WR position so the quarterbacks can get work with the same guys more.

Think Martin may get on the field quicker because he fits the slot role more than Posey and has been working special teams. But both Posey and Jean have had their moments.

Don't think anyone can over emphasize any one or two days. I think this competition is wide open. This preseason will be very interesting.
Went to camp this morning, today the offense looked much sharper than yesterday. As TC said, both KMart and Posey have had flashy moments. Martin made a really nice grab to open the scrimmage session and Posey made a sweet snag on a bomb down the left sideline from Yates (I think) to end the practice session.

Back to the WR plays. It's not like the DBs got beat badly; the DBs were step-for-step with K-Mart & Posey but they made the catches anyway. If these two guys continue to improve one of them may just supplant KW in a year or so. Perhaps before this year is done.

Maybe it's familiarity with what's coming, but the defense seems to stuff nearly every running play. I think during the early scrimmage (when they were on the north end of the field) Forsett got blown up in the backfield - drawing Oooooo's from the bleacher crowd. I know, TC, guys in shorts... don't be too impressed or depressed.

Going back on Monday...
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote