View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012   #258
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30852 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official 2012 Training Camp Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NastyNate View Post
I'd say Martin is more quick than fast, very shifty and I think he fits our WCO system moreso than Posey. From just watching both of them the other day, I'd rather have KW and Andre on the field with Martin in the slot over Posey. Martin actually posted a better 40 time, and his 3 cone is better by nearly 2 tenths, he's a playmaker. Posey looked like an average receiver the other day. Martin impressed.
Like I said you're really comparing apples to oranges in terms of the type of receivers they are. Martin's movements and change of direction are more sudden than Posey, so yeah he'd definitely fit better in the slot. The measurables that you mentioned indicate that.

There are some updates even from today's practice of Posey beating a DB deep and connecting on a long pass so he has a role in this offense as well. Otherwise we wouldn't have drafted him. A lot of what we do in the passing game comes off of play action so there will be opportunities for Posey to make plays down the field. 40 times and all of that are great, but Dickerson ran a 4.40 and he could never beat anyone down the field. I like guys who flash good game speed and Posey made plays down the field in college. As far as Posey looking average, Kubiak and others that have updated all week say he's had a good camp so far. Not everyone is going to always see things the same though so I understand where you're coming from. We'll find out starting next week exactly how far along each of these guys are.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote