View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012   #243
NastyNate
I go kerplunk

Section: Uranus
Rep Power: 57418 NastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respectedNastyNate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official 2012 Training Camp Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texn4life View Post
And Posey continues to impress. I'm curious if all of the people who criticized him will admit they overreacted after OTAs about him.

I've also always liked McManis. This is his first true off-season with the Texans. The first year there was an issue with him graduating from Northwestern so he wasn't here until TC, and then last year we had the lockout. There is potential for him to make a big jump this year. I remember his rookie year at a practice in Training Camp he jammed David Anderson all the way out of bounds during 1 on 1. DA didn't even get off the line. McManis has the skill so Roc and Harris are really going to have to play well to get PT over him. I just don't want to see him returning kicks ever again. That is definitely not his thing.
Posey actually looked pretty sloppy/dropsy on Wednesday, but I did notice him working on blocking drills after practice as well as some fade routes to the back corner of the endzone. I am neutral, I hope he works his way into pro starter material. I wouldn't crown him just yet until the live bullets start firing.