View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012   #234
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official 2012 Training Camp Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Went to T/C my first T/C session of the year this morning. Over all, I think the defense won the scrimmages. Picked off at least three passes broke up a few more and caused Yates and Schaub to have to hold the ball longer than 3 secs (I counted) several other times. Schaub had at least one or two balls batted back at him during 11-on-11s.

K. Martin looked good at KR but so did Tiny Trindon. Damn that little dude is QUICK! He drew oooo's and aaaah's from the bleachers on one return and even got an attaboy from Kubiak.

We are DEEP at RB! Foster and Tate are known quantities. But Forsett is super quick and

Things I noticed that bugged me a little:
Owen Daniels rode the stationary bike today. I hadn't seen/heard that he was nicked up. Anyone got any info on why he sat out? Also, K.Jax had the left hammy wrapped with an ice bag; when did that happen?

The aforementioned success of the kick returners worries me a little; are those two that good or is our coverage team not up to par yet?

More balls in and out of the WRs hands than I'm used to seeing.

Keenum looked to be having an off day. Insufficient zip on his passes compared to the other three guys.

Kubiak is giving some vets every 3rd or so day off. Owen Daniels and Shaun Cody are getting that treatment. They both have a history of knee issues. Kubiak expects KJ back soon-he had a hamstring issue earlier this week, and they are being careful.

With the kick returners, they are wearing shorts. So there is no real hitting. So instead of blowing up a guy with initial contact, he gets maybe tagged a bit and not stopped. The returners are supposed to keep going. They are working on issues. Preseason you tend to see some odd things with returns because they work a lot with the young guys doing coverage--lots of new players, many who have not done teams before because they were stars on their college teams.