View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012   #78
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: USA Today: Kevin Walter is not a second-rate No. 2 receiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
Loved Ed McCaffery, (i mean how can you not love a guy who cut off the back of his shoes because he felt like tighter shoes would help him run faster!) while there are some comparisons with KW, Ed did something that KW just doesn't seem to be able to do anymore, get separation outside.

I think the biggest problem is they have him outside, I really think he'd be killer where he belongs, which is as a slot WR.
Ed had more long speed but I don't think he was any quicker than Walter. Personally I think that one of the most important traits for a slot wr is change of direction...a waterbug type quality. You may as well run a two TE offense or with a Hback if you want bigger guys inside. They would do a better job on the edge than a guy like Walter. Walter is a good blocker...for a wr.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote