View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012   #72
Rey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 Rey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respectedRey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
There's not a lot you've said that I necessarily disagree with.

If one of these rookies steps up and does a better job than KW, then KW will get less playing time. If several of these young receivers step up and play better than KW, then KW will not be on the team for very much longer.

But being a good blocker is one of the things that goes into the equation to determine if someone is as good or better than KW. If a WR can't block, they won't be on this team for very long and they definitely won't be unseating KW. I don't care what sort of deep threat they are.

Right now, no one does KWs job better than he does. And Rick Smith's job is to find several people who do.
This is where we are going to disagree.

The texans need more receivers that are going to help further open the passing game. Doesn't matter if it's deep, short slants, red zone threats....whatever.

Minoan made a comment today about Martin and how be has the potential to be a game breaker by taking short catches for long gains.

I just disagree that blocking is going to be the determining factor. It's important of course, but as a wr being able to make plays in the passing game is more important.

Jmo.

And I said earlier that I actually think kw has receiving skills, but he's going to have to tap more into his receiving self if he wants to be a starter here for a few more years because him being a good blocker is not going to keep him his job.
Rey is offline   Reply With Quote