View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012   #71
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 354624 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: USA Today: Kevin Walter is not a second-rate No. 2 receiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I disagree with all of this kw niche stuff.

Kw has remained a starter because they haven't gotten anyone better.

When kubiak first got here he went out and got Eric moulds to be the #2 wr. Ther is no blocking wr role on this team. That's pure fan myth. Again, the reason kw is still a starter is because they simply have not had anyone to challenge him for the spot. They have made due with the best they had to offer.

If these rookies step up I would not be shocked if kw is not on the team next year.

If a receiver emerges as a real threat in the passing game on a consistent basis, expect to see kw's snaps dwindled.
There's not a lot you've said that I necessarily disagree with.

If one of these rookies steps up and does a better job than KW, then KW will get less playing time. If several of these young receivers step up and play better than KW, then KW will not be on the team for very much longer.

But being a good blocker is one of the things that goes into the equation to determine if someone is as good or better than KW. If a WR can't block, they won't be on this team for very long and they definitely won't be unseating KW. I don't care what sort of deep threat they are.

Right now, no one does KWs job better than he does. And Rick Smith's job is to find several people who do.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote