View Single Post
Old 07-31-2012   #155
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official 2012 Training Camp Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
DL RaShon Sunny Harris getting some notices and time with the "ones"
Yes. Noticed that. Cody sat today. He and OD will be sitting every 3rd/4th day at coach's decision to keep legs fresh.

They are rotating some guys around to work with ones sometimes. FB Derrell Smith working with 1s more than Moran Norris. I asked Kubiak about FB's today:

Quote:
(on the fullback competition) Its an interesting dynamic. James (Casey) is our starting fullback, but we do a lot of different things with James. The young kid (Derrell) Smith has a lot of ability. I think hes got a chance to be an excellent one, but hes a former defensive player trying to learn to play offense, so thats his struggle right now. Of course, the old man that we brought in (Moran Norris) - dont tell him that - Norris has been playing a long time and hes a banger. Hes a big banger. Theyre all kind of different, so weve got to sort out whos going to be the best special teams help. How do we set our roster? Two fullbacks? One fullback? What are we going to do?

(on FB James Caseys versatility) Yeah, hes like my Jim Thorpe. Hes got to go do everything. Im going to play him everywhere. He gives us a lot of versatility offensively and causes problems for people, so Ive got to use James the right way. Im starting to do it in training camp and not waiting until the season.