View Single Post
Old 08-12-2004   #7
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Starting Linebackers

I'm for whatever combo performs the best. Wong would probably be a bit stronger than Foreman inside. There will have to be a decision made next year (after the '05 season) as Wong's contract will be up.

Wong didn't put up any sack numbers but he was solid in run support from the left side. We'll see how Babin handles it over there. Wade squished him like a bug last night on a couple blitz attempts (Babin hard rush outside Wade's right shoulder - Wade gets his left hand on Babin's right shoulder blade and pushes him to the ground easily). Plus, Babin has never dropped into coverage before. He still has that deer in the headlights look to me and it will probably be that way for a while.

Peek has been off the charts in camp but he's got a bit of a sore elbow that's slowed him down recently. Sometimes he plays so aggressive, (read: out of control), that he gets himself caught out of position. I'm also interested in the possibility of Peek and Babin on the outsides. We'll probably see some of that on Saturday night.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote