View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012   #43
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31529 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Training Camp Live: AJ left practice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCRich View Post

Texan4life Obviously you and I just don't see the big picture. KDub & the rookie receivers will do fine.
I see the big picture perfectly. This is the NFL and right now we're only focused on this season. In the NFL there aren't many times where rookies step in and produce at receiver right away. It usually takes them a year or 2 to acclimate to the league. There is nothing to suggest that any of the young guys will be "just fine".

Now going to Kevin Walter there is a reason that he took a pay cut this year. While he still has relaible hands the guy can't beat man coverage anymore. If Andre is out for a significant time, Kevin Walter will be far and away the worst number 1 receiver on any team in the league. We can all sit here and say "oh these guys are gonna be great". But as of right now its false optomism and we don't have anything to base it on. I "hope" they will step up, but the FO is taking a huge risk in the hope.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote