View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012   #3
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 61322 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: 1st time tailgaters - advice needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Lee View Post
Hello all,

Myself (Canadian) and my wife (Norwegian) are new to Houston and have never been to an NFL game or even tailgated...and that needs to change.

For the upcoming seasons we've secured 4 x tickets and 2 x blue parking lot passes to the Jaguars game on Nov. 18th.

To make the game day & tailgating experience all the more enjoyable - we'd appreciate your input on the following:

1. We plan on arriving and setting up early...7 am? Any recommended areas of the blue lot to set-up in? We want to be close to the action...but perhaps not directly "in it".

2. I understand with 2 parking passes our "real estate" is limited to two 8 foot by 16 foot spots. Are there any restrictions to vehicle parking orientation? We are driving a Dodge Minivan (6 ft wide x 15.5 ft long). Ideally we would park the van sideways across the back portion of the two spots, and have the front for chairs, pop tent, small smoker, etc. Is this configuration possible?

3. We have a little baby girl...she will be 4 months old when game day comes on Nov. 18th. We'd love to take her along if possible - even ordered little ear protectors. Does anyone have any experience with bringing a baby along on game day?

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan & Marianne
Park near the exits or better yet the exit by the highway or you'll be stuck in the lot for a long time after the game. Traffic gets deadlocked inside the lots. I don't think you can park that way but I am not an authority on it. Bring your baby but since this is your first game... I'd say find a babysitter if possible just so you can get your ears wet. Bringing your baby is a lot of work. I often bring mine but I'm a vet to the gameday scene. He's 3 now and has his own seat for the first time this year, He always sat in our laps.