View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012   #59
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 89729 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Official 2012 Training Camp Thread

Quote:
The Texans began training camp with a practice Saturday morning at the Methodist Training Center. After, head coach Gary Kubiak and some players answered questions from the media. The following is a transcript of their respective interviews.

Head Coach Gary Kubiak
ILB Brian Cushing
RB Arian Foster
WR Andre Johnson
OLB Whitney Mercilus
QB Matt Schaub
DE J.J. Watt

Head Coach Gary Kubiak
(on why QB Matt Schaub is the quarterback to take the Texans to the Super Bowl) “I think Matt’s a natural leader. People follow him. He’s been through the grind at this place. When he came in here, we weren’t a very good football team and Matt’s been a part of the building process. He’s been a constant, even though there have been some times he’s missed some plays on the field. But when he’s been at the helm, this team’s played good. Our guys believe in him, I believe in him and that’s the most important thing.”

Quote:
(on the health of ILB Darryl Sharpton and P Brett Hartmann) “Brett is probably a little ways away. Sharp looked really good this morning. We’re going to ask him to show us one more time tomorrow and then he can be back on the field very quickly. He’s real close.”

(on being OLB Connor Barwin’s inspiration for his hair cut) “I don’t know, famous for a hair cut? I walked in the building yesterday and somebody said, ‘You seen Connor, Coach?’ I said, ‘No, why?’ They said, ‘You got to see him.’ I didn’t see him until we went to the meeting last night, but oh well, I guess it’s something to talk about for a couple days.”
AJ

Quote:
(on how his knee felt out on the field) “It felt fine. I didn’t have any problems with it. It didn’t bother me at all.”
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...e-e1578b57f671

hopefully a good sign that nothing was mentioned about AJ limping? (well kneewise)
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote