View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012   #6
texancpa
Indahouse!

Section: 633
Rep Power: 0 texancpa was voted MVPtexancpa was voted MVPtexancpa was voted MVPtexancpa was voted MVP
Default Re: First Tailgater Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Im excited to have my hands on a Maroon Lot parking pass to the games this year. Would LOVE some advice on things that have worked well for you guys and some pitfalls to stay away from.

Question - do they check game tickets if you're in the car with a parking pass? I'm thinking of bringing people to tailgate even if they don't have game tickets. I know walk ups need a ticket but do cars with parking tags get stopped?

Anybody know what time the maroon lot starts filling up? How early do I need to get there? This is the corner lot at Fannin and 610.

I've got a pickup and will be getting a tonneau cover installed to store my items. Have the Texans 10x10 popup tent and a folding table already. Will be buying folding chairs.

Cheers!
I'm in the Maroon Lot, too! You can drive into the lot with as many people as you can fit inside your car but if your friends aren't going in the game, they will need tailgating tickets. They don't start checking for tailgating tickets until the game starts.

I usually get to the gate at 8am, the lot starts the fill up in a hurry. Its quicker if you enter the Maroon Lot from the 610 feeder road instead of from Fannin. I use that entrance and I usually get my choice of spaces on the first row.
texancpa is offline   Reply With Quote