View Single Post
Old 07-24-2012   #12
bpe3
Veteran

Rep Power: 351 bpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respectedbpe3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Question: Best TV type for tailgating?

I don't know what kind of service you use, but AT&T can barely get a phone call through to my iPhone once the crowd starts filling up the parking lots. My incoming calls often go straight to voice mail. I usually drop my phone down from 3G to Edge network when I'm at the game. Phone calls go through much better on Edge than the over crowded 3G.

I don't see a laptop/tablet being able to handle streaming video in that environment, but your mileage may vary.

Rabbit ears have always worked just fine for us back in the old days before tailgating passes when we had lots of friends hanging out in the parking lot watching the games on TV. We've done the portable dish route with someone's home satellite receiver on occasion when we wanted ESPN or NFL Ticket. Usually not worth the hassle though unless there's a specific late game you want to watch that isn't being broadcast locally.

bpe3
bpe3 is offline   Reply With Quote