View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012   #615
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Molestation Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Ok, so do you want to argue that the football program of Penn State had nothing to do with the coverup of Jerry Sandusky's child molestation over the past 14 years? If not, then move on to something else, because you're wasting everyone's time in this thread.

Lack of institutional control is a common sanction from the NCAA, Ohio State was the most recent one to be hit with it. Usually it's with regard to recruiting players or improper benefits being given to players. USC was hit with it for the Reggie Bush stuff. It really is quite common if you pay attention to NCAA football news. It's usually for stupid little things that add up, this instance with Penn State is much more severe and warrants the harsh punishment.
My stance certainly isnt that the football program didnt have anything to do with it. Two of the coaches had something to do with the cover up. What they were covering up wasnt football related. Also of note no one in the program now was responsible for this mess, all four involved are now gone.

Again getting hit with punishment isnt the point its how they came to that resolution. I pay attention to football news and thats how I can tell you the NCAA doesnt hand out punishment without investigating and deciding as an organization how it will proceed.
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote