View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012   #613
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Molestation Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I think Dutch's and the NCCA's point is.....why commit more resources, man power, and time into another report when the Freeh is already independent of both Penn State and the NCAA? Do you think an NCAA investigation would've come up with anything substantially different?

I personally think it would be the same outcome however that doesnt change my opinion of the process or how it went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
In the case of Penn State...I think they got off better using the Freeh Report and the subsequent punishment handed out better than another full blown investigation by the NCAA. Which might have come up with even worse results now that the lid was blown off and people might be more willing to come forward with any additional knowledge. It might have also given even more time for an even larger growing public backlash. I think "plea bargain" with the Freeh Report is accurate.

I am curious as to what the Big 10 conference itself decides to do.

Im not sure I am confident in NCAA's ability to do anything with consistency so Im dont know how their investigation would go or what the outcome would be from a prolonged timeframe. I do know that PSU is probably better off accepting anything that came their way asap to start the road to putting this somewhat behind them.
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote