View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012   #615
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Molestation Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012Champs View Post
Like I said the NCAA acted in a manner that it had not before. No investigation(which for them typically takes forever) and a single person deciding how the punishment should go. You said programs get hit for stupid stuff like this all the time but no they dont. There usually is a process for the NCAA and its punishment.
I think Dutch's and the NCCA's point is.....why commit more resources, man power, and time into another report when the Freeh is already independent of both Penn State and the NCAA? Do you think an NCAA investigation would've come up with anything substantially different?

In the case of Penn State...I think they got off better using the Freeh Report and the subsequent punishment handed out better than another full blown investigation by the NCAA. Which might have come up with even worse results now that the lid was blown off and people might be more willing to come forward with any additional knowledge. It might have also given even more time for an even larger growing public backlash. I think "plea bargain" with the Freeh Report is accurate.

I am curious as to what the Big 10 conference itself decides to do.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote