View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012   #609
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69152 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Molestation Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
What are you talking about? They didn't do their own investigation, they used the Freeh investigation as their source of information for determining the punishment. Freeh was hired by Penn State to do the investigation and obviously wasn't doing the university any favors given his results, so I don't see an issue with it. That document I linked has signatures from the president of the NCAA and the president of PSU. They accepted that punishment as a semi-plea deal, because it could have been much worse.

What am I talking about? Thats exactly my point they didnt do any investigation. Tell me the last time the NCAA handed down punishment in any larger fashion without doing an investigation, without doing much work at all and having a single person decide what was going to happen? You cant because this isnt something that happend even with the SMU issues. PSU accepted the deal because any fight would be prolonged and continue the issue and thats what would have been worse not the punishment.
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote