View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012   #606
2012Champs
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69511 2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected2012Champs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Molestation Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
It's not about what's right for Penn St or the NCAA.

It's about a football legend letting little boys being raped and instead of doing the right thing and turning Sandusky into the police, he allows no telling how many more children to be molested.

Lack of institutional control.

If I were SMU I would start putting players back on the payroll starting next yr. If you aren't even going to lose TV time for letting little boys get raped.

The NCAA is a hypocritical joke. I'm not normally one to want congress to look into sports orgs. But in this case Cogress should not only look into the NCAA as a sanctoining body. It should also do away with the NCAA's rights to be judge and jury over its member institutions.

What do you think would've happened to an institution like UH in a situation like this? You can bet that it would've been far worse for UH.

The NCAA is a joke. But atleast one of the untouchables (Penn St) got a little bit of what should've been coming to them along time ago.

Did you attend SMU or have some ties to the school? What happend at SMU was something that was a direct violation of the rules that the NCAA had. What happend at Penn St really has nothing to do with the football program or certainly not the football program as it stands today. Sandusky is in jail, Joe is dead and I think the other two officials should have charges being filed if they havent already. What happend at Penn St is criminal and is being delt with as such, however the NCAA changing its rules and power to level punishment in this case is purely because of public outcry. I have no dog in the fight and couldnt care less if Penn never held another football game but its clear this topic is beyond the emotional boundry to talk about the situation in a rational manner.

I totally missed your rant that the govt should get involved. The govt has no business in the matter you are speaking about.
2012Champs is offline   Reply With Quote