View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012   #594
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 84496 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Penn State Child Molestation Case

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchrudder View Post
Why does it matter if they compete in 5 years? If they can do it, great, but the penalties aren't meant to hurt them beyond the 4 years stipulated.

The NCAA just laid a beatdown on the football program, they will have exactly 3 more scholarships than D2 schools at any given time. No one will want to go there after this, besides PSU alums children and local kids. Not only that, they now have a 60 million dollar fine and a loss of bowl revenue (13 million) to deal with. This football program will not be on its feet any time soon. I think the punishment was appropriate.
I get what you're saying.

but I want the penalty to be the harshest in NCAA history. I would set a prescedent that an NCAA institution that knowingly allows children to be molested will suffer the worst consequences possible. This would be the ultimate deterrent in keeping an act like this from happening again.

The tought of a coach raping a child in the showers, (At the fielhouse or not) sickens me to no end. If this isn't the worst case of institutional control possible, I cant imagine a worse case, hence the death penalty.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote