View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012   #11
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 83970 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: WRs who might be in the 2013 Draft

I've been watching a bunch of Vols game in both 2010 and 2011 (too many), and Yeah, Hunter is taller and faster and smoother.
Some already put him in the same class as AJ Green as Julio Jones.
I'm not ready to do that yet.

In 2010, he was a Freshman and the Vols had Seniors in front of him so Hunter wasn't a starter. When he came into games; he saw single coverage exclusively.
His big plays were basically against lesser known quantity.

Yes, he did have a 37-yd catch against Mathieu, but this guy is at most 5'9 (I kinda doubt he's even that "tall"). Mathieu is a good CB, but when the ball is well-thrown over a short CB, there wasn't much the guy can do.

He does have great potential though, and will probably be a first rounder.

Don't go to sleep on Rogers; however.
He's the more physical of the two, but unless he can improve on his long speed and get rid of his "drops", he won't be a first rounder, maybe not even a second rounder.

What he's right now is a guy that can stick his foot in the ground and make a good cut. He also has a good double move to run the deep route (he hasn't ran many of them, however).

He got seperation from Mathieu a couple of times and we know that Mathieu is a very quick cover corner.
He was in a few good battles with the likes of Kirkpatrick, Claiborne, and Gilmore.

His production was very good for a guy who had faced many top defenders and defenses. The quality of defenses he Vols faced went through the roof after Hunter got injured last year. Even so, Rogers saw double coverage at times.

The Vols also got a new guy, a previous 5-star recruit who was the best receiver in the JUCO rank last year - Cordarrelle Patterson.
This guy is another monster. Tall, fast, and smooth. He has very good lateral movement, especially for a big guy.
Watch out for him.

Last year, their line was young (only one Jr).
With a more experienced QB in Bray, I see an explosive offense this year.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote