View Single Post
Old 07-22-2012   #60
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: BR predicts 12-4 season for Texans - What Say You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
But if you're right, first thing one will do is thump their chests.

The Texans and Dex's opinion aside, that's for everyone who says "I hope I'm wrong".
That stems from the back-and-forths on here among posters, rather than someone desperately hoping to be proven right (about the negative outcome).

Look, all guys give each other hell all the time about sports stuff. We get attached to our opinions. And we give hell to one another for our differing opinions. So IF a person had a negative view, and that person was being challenged on that negative view, then IF the time comes that the outcome is indeed a negative outcome...the so-called chest thumping is not celebrating the negative outcome, it's instead focused toward the posters who challenged the person on the issue.

In the end, whether we are right or wrong is often times more important to us than whether our prediction was positive or negative in its basic nature. We all want to show that we know what we "see" and that we see things better than the other guy does.

It's just what guys do. THAT is our little section of drama, I suppose.