Another terribly early 2013 Texans mock.
It's 4:30 am and I'm bored at work so I thought I'd throw together a quick mock since no one has done one in a while. This mock is based on keeping Schaub, Barwin, Brown and drafting in the late 20's.
1. Cobi Hamilton-WR from Arkansas, he's currently listed by Walter and CBS as a 2nd round prospect but he'll be a senior and has a very good QB prospect returning. He should be the #1 WR at Arkansas this year and have a big year, I think he moves up. Good size and average speed, lots of SEC experience.
2. Mycah Hyde-CB from Iowa, very good size for a CB in the NFL and good speed. Also good college productivity, and adds some quality depth to the team. You can never have enough good CB's.
3. Sylvester Williams-DT from N.C., this pick might take some luck but I like his size and mobility, good agility for a big man. He'd work in a rotation with Earl Mitchell at NT after Sean Cody leaves due to FA.
3b. Xavier Nixon-OT from Florida, he's a little light weight for the OT position but with his height and age he should be able to add some weight without losing quickness/agility. Butler may be gone after this next season and though the Texans seem high on Newton, Nixon would be the backup/swing OT and it would give him time to add the bulk.
4. Patrick Larimore-ILB from UCLA, quality depth behind Cushing, James, and Dobson or may take the other ILB rotational position away from James or Dobson and alot less expensive.
5. Prentiss Waggner-FS/CB from Tennessee, great size and speed for the position and I like a FS with CB coverage experience.
5b. Quinton Patton-WR from LA Tech, he might move higher with a good year so this pick might take some luck as well but he's currently listed by Walter and CBS in the 5th-7th rounds. Good size, speed, athleticism, ball concentration, field awarness, and doesn't seem afraid of contact.
6. A.J. Francis-DT from Maryland, I like his size and speed. Also has decent college productivity for a DT and Maryland produces some good athletes. Depth on the D-line and plays on jumbo packages, short yardage or goal line plays. Added bulk on the D-line is never a bad thing.
7. BPA, I'm thinking maybe a blocking TE, FB, maybe some depth at OG, RB or WR wouldn't hurt either.
P.S. 0430 hrs. sucks.