View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012   #170
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Adrian Peterson arrested in Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
Wow, defending GP, what'll happen next...

The "Civil Rights Era" (TK did say ERA) in the U.S. indeed WAS mostly about African-Americans. Google US civil rights era and tell me what shows up on your screen, I know what came up on mine.
I admit I said Civil Rights era..... I said so a while back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Well, I was actually thinking Bill of Rights, but that was too long ago. I was speaking more to personal liberties.

But I see what you're saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disaacks3 View Post
So yes, TK "started it" and GP took it considerably farther than it needed to go, but...his "assumption" is pretty darn logical.

I'm not picking a side, simply stating that jumping from Civil Rights Era to race-baiting isn't that big a leap.
I don't know if it's darn logical. Not a big leap, I can agree with.

But this conversation had nothing to do with race prior to GP getting bent out of shape about race. In the context of the conversation, I think "personal liberties" civil rights as it applies to all of us is more appropriate. We have a case where a man is in custody for resisting arrest, but we don't know the original charge.

They've got to attempt to arrest him for something (& we want to know what that something is) before he can resist.

Civil liberties as defined by the bill of rights says a man should be informed of the charges against him.

Just because they wear uniforms don't mean they can tell you what to do. Which is what I believe GP was alluding to. A cop has no right to lay a hand on you if you're not breaking the law. Don't let them tell you different.