View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012   #176
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 120726 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Adrian Peterson arrested in Houston

Wow, defending GP, what'll happen next...

The "Civil Rights Era" (TK did say ERA) in the U.S. indeed WAS mostly about African-Americans. Google US civil rights era and tell me what shows up on your screen, I know what came up on mine.

Quote:
African-American Civil Rights Movement (19551968) - Wikipedia ...
en.wikipedia.org/.../African-American_Civil_Rights_Movement_...
Atlantic slave trade Maafa Slavery in the United States Military history of African Americans Jim Crow laws Redlining Great Migration Civil Rights ...

Background - Mass action replacing litigation - Key events - Other issues

Civil rights movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_rights_movement
Jump to Civil rights movement in the United States‎: Main articles: African-American Civil Rights Movement (18961954), African-American Civil ...

African-American Civil Rights ... - Timeline - Category:Civil rights movement

Civil Rights Movement Timeline (14th Amendment, 1964 Act ...
http://www.infoplease.com/spot/civil...imeline1.html/

Milestones in the modern civil rights movement since 1954. ... black nationalist and founder of the Organization of Afro-American Unity, is shot to death.
Followed by pictures of "racial unrest".

So yes, TK "started it" and GP took it considerably farther than it needed to go, but...his "assumption" is pretty darn logical.

I'm not picking a side, simply stating that jumping from Civil Rights Era to race-baiting isn't that big a leap.