View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012   #171
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216695 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Adrian Peterson arrested in Houston

Yup GP, you showed him. You go girl.

I do, however, understand why you made the connection between "civil rights" & race. Mostly, I think, due to your hang up on race. But when you see the words "civil rights" & "civil liberties" it does not necessarily have anything to do with race.

I yahooed "civil rights" & found several examples where race isn't an issue.
  1. Here's one
    Quote:
    The appeals court reversed Superior Court Judge Evan H.C. Crook, who last year dismissed Greenberg's complaint against the state police; the trooper; the sergeant; Oil Station Inc., a Hainesport oil and lube service shop; and Peter Moran Jr., its owner. Greenberg is seeking unspecified damages and also claiming civil rights violations.
  2. Here's another
    Quote:
    Trinity County deputy claims sheriff violated his free speech rights
    Punishment violated civil rights, he says
  3. & another
    Quote:
    According to court papers filed June 14 in the Houston Division of the Southern District of Texas, the plaintiff did not resist authorities though officer Chris Bryant allegedly physically assaulted and Tasered him.

The suit adds Rollerson was not read his Miranda rights nor fully advised of the reason for his arrest prior to being transported to the Freeport Police Department headquarters.

The plaintiff says he sustained cuts to the back of his neck as well as a severe headache and chest pains "that radiated to his back" as a result of the incident in question.

He asserts his constitutional rights were violated.

I yahooed "Bill of Rights" & found this gem
Quote:
Fresh in their minds was the memory of the British violation of civil rights before and during the Revolution. They demanded a "bill of rights" that would spell out the immunities of individual citizens.
With that, I hope you understand how inaccurate your statement
Quote:
Post #138 was me responding to a race baiting post by Thunderkyss:
is.