View Single Post
Old 07-19-2012   #50
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dez Does Dallas Dirty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Some people compartmentalize better than others.

When I see someone on here posting that a person's past is their past and they oughtta' be able to make better decisions NOW...I think what's being lost is that not every person can compartmentalize like others can.

Not every person can lock up the dysfunction and store it away in a box.

For some, they just outwardly manifest the dysfunction. With Terrell Owens, his dysfunction drug of choice is relationships. He doesn't trust people, he backstabs teammates. Dez's problem is obviously that he's unable to break away from hurtful persons. Opposite dysfunctions but the root is the same: A verrrry hurtful childhood where adults were pieces of **** and neglected T.O. and Dez.

Dez needs to hire a 24-7 live-in consultant and motivator who keeps him busy and on time to meetings. Contract that person for one year. There are plenty of single guys who are qualified in sports management or lifestyle management who would easily earn a nice $50k salary to be Dez's lifestyle police.

Otherwise, he'll be a goner in two years.

You know what GP, that sounds all well and good but you know what that's giving him? A never-ending excuse. This is a common problem in the black community and I really can't stand it. He'll always be able to say, "Well you know I grew up hard and my parents weren't in my life. I don't know how to deal with it."

Like I said before, he can become another statistic who allowed his upbringing to be his downfall like many thousands of others in the black community, or he can use his experiences to provide strength to him in life and overcome those things. Only he can control this because a live in babysitter won't be on the sideline when he's being disruptive with teammates. A live in babysitter won't stop him from getting into fights in the club. I wish the best for the guy, but these excuses will stick with him and he'll continue to use them as long as people keep allowing him to.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote