View Single Post
Old 07-16-2012   #5
GlassHalfFull 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 56302 GlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respectedGlassHalfFull is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Question: Best TV type for tailgating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Going to bring a Dish? SlingBox from a laptop?

LED is probably slightly more durable than an LCD, but really depends how much you're willing to spend (and keeping in mind this TV will likely have an accident at some point).

The reason I ask about your video source is because people don't realize how many HD TV's don't have built in tuners. That means it can't get over the air TV, it is like a computer monitor. Just because something is in the tv aisle doesn't mean it has tuner these days because everyone has satellite or cable. So if you're going to watch the networks over the air make sure it has an HD tuner.
The plan is slingbox using a tablet, since there won't be wireless in the parking lot. I have my doubts about how well that will work.

There is an HD antenna we can get, but that will limit us to non cable channels.

A dish would be best, I wonder if any blue crew types have one.

We bought a LCD tv, a quick google search said they show better than an LED in sunlight. I'll have to check about the tuner.