View Single Post
Old 07-15-2012   #2
michaelm
vox nihili

Section: 648
Rep Power: 96739 michaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respectedmichaelm is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Question: Best TV type for tailgating?

I would stay away from plasma for any outdoor application. Plasma screens tend to have a higher reflectivity than LCD, for instance. The reflections can really degrade the image quality.

I actually have three plasmas, and no other type of TV in my house, so it's not that I dislike them. I actually prefer them, but the performance in bright ambient light is not good at all.

We just moved into a new house, and the viewing quality of the TV in my living room is suffering because there is so much sunlight in the room. I'm thinking of putting an LCD in there instead.
michaelm is offline   Reply With Quote