View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012   #34
DX-TEX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 164570 DX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedDX-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: new Texans beat writer at chron

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
A genuine question her: So you don't think Alan Burge or Stephanie Stradley, being two really big time Texans fans, are capable of reporting on the Texans in an objective manner?

I think they've been pretty objective. They're not going to gash the Texans, it's certainly low-class to do such thing (ala Richard Justice), but they are often very blatantly honest about their analysis. And, they stay factual throughout it all. Yes, they might give the occasional rah-rah report by interviewing a player and keeping it light..but still.

It takes a lot of discipline to do so, but those two people (IMO) have done so. They're credible in their efforts.
I should have went into more detail. Burge and Steph are bloggers and I have no issue with them being fans and follow both of them. But an official reporter should not have fan allegiances so they will ask the tough questions when things are going bad. Something Houston media has lacked for years.

Why shouldnt the Texans be bashed? The past few years have showed us that at times they should be.
DX-TEX is offline   Reply With Quote