View Single Post
Old 04-30-2004   #11
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

From www.otcdraft.com:

Quote:
Vontez Duff is a very agressive player who plays faster than his times would indicate. He has good strength and quickness, which allows him to be a good punt returner as well as a good cornerback. He's a big time playmaker who is always looking to get the ball in his hands and take it back for 6. He's probably never going to be a great starter in the NFL, but he could be a very good nickel back. He could excel in a Cover-2 situation where he has help over the top to compensate for his lack of pure speed. He's the perfect pick for a team like Tampa Bay or Indianapolis. Expect him to go in the late third or fourth
Pretty good pick if you ask me, considering where we got him. But note the sentence about lack of speed. I think he will have to be even more elusive than JJ to take his job. JJ's job is for the taking, but I'm not sure who will take it. Might be Vontez, might not be.
Chance_C is offline   Reply With Quote