View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012   #178
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 87466 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans random thought of the day

Quote:
DB coach Joseph discusses 2nd-year CBs Harris, Carmichael
Two of the Texans’ most frequently asked-about players by fans are cornerbacks Brandon Harris and Roc Carmichael, a pair of 2011 draft picks who are largely unknown commodities heading into their second NFL seasons.

Harris was a second-round pick out of Miami (Fla.) last year. The Texans liked him so much that they traded up into the end of the second round to get him. But he played in only nine games as a rookie, mostly on special teams and rarely on defense as the Texans improved from 32nd to second against the pass and 30th to second overall.

“That’s not his fault,” Texans defensive backs coach Vance Joseph said. “Because sometimes, when you draft guys and you just put ‘em out there because you drafted ‘em, that can hurt guys’ growth. We had guys last year who were playing well for us to win. So, I wasn’t down on Harris for not being ready to play last year. And that’s the thing about me. If a guy’s ready to play, I’m gonna play him. If he’s not ready, I’m not gonna play him. It doesn’t matter where he’s drafted, because you can really lose a good corner by playing him too soon, and now he can’t play. So I’d rather sit a guy and when he’s ready to play, play him. That way, he can flourish in his career.”

Joseph was very impressed with Harris (5-10, 195) during the Texans’ three-day mini-camp from June 14-16. Cornerbacks Johnathan Joseph, Kareem Jackson and Brice McCain all sat out of the practices along with other established veterans, giving more reps to Harris and his young cohorts.
http://www.houstontexans.com/news/ar...2-6e1a4053aef3
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote