View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012   #119
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 380289 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Adrian Peterson arrested in Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stemp View Post
Would you give anything extra to a person who has been causing trouble or being a pain the ass at your establishment? Especially if that person is hanging around and unwilling to leave at closing time?
I meant give as in serve not free but many bars will give free water. And yes because it is sound business policy to give/serve people who have been drinking water.

Quote:
I didn't see anywhere where Peterson was being a belligerent (as in aggressive, not necessarily to the point of starting fights) drunk. It said he was being a prima donna and basically an ass. And nowhere does it say that they kept serving him drinks after it was apparent he was drunk. If they did so, their liquor license or the bartenders job would be in jeopardy.
Pick your term. Obnoxious, ass, belligerent. Here is a guy who has supposedly been to the club before so you know who he is but don't put AP in the VIP area and then when he behaves uncharacteristically drunk there is absolutely no indication he got cut off. They moved him after his uncharacteristic behavior. You think he sat politely in the VIP area after being told he was cut-off and then waited until closing time to get aggressive? Could be. Given the GM's comments I'll bet they didn't cut him off. In fact, according to the GM AP was trying to order "one more" drink

I am not taking any position yet. I am asking questions because it doesn't seem so simple as the GM's story to me. Why hasn't he been charged with assaulting a police officer? How about disorderly conduct, drunk in public, etc.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Well I guess it depends on which story you buy into. One says he was polite and asked for water (unnamed source). The next story says he was drunk and demanding a drink after closing time (club GM).

His mug shot looks like he was drinking to me.
I have no doubt he was drinking that night. What he was ordering after closing time is up in the air.

Quote:
I have not seen the story where the GM admitted that they kept serving him drinks after he was inebriated. Like Stemp, my impression was that AP was being an egomaniac and they decided to put him in VIP.
Again why wasn't he already in the VIP? Given the nature of his other comments I think the GM would have said if they cut him off. Tacit admission by not saying so. That's a critical fact to leave out of his comments.

Quote:
I did use the term "belligerence" in one of my previous posts...
I wasn't even referring to your use of the word. Belligerent drunk is a term I use for obnoxiously drunk people.

Quote:
As far as putting him him VIP upon arrival, perhaps since the club was only open for another 35-40 minutes (according to AP), they might not have felt it warranted?
Aren't you picking pieces of stories now? Believe the GM's story was he was there for 2-3 hours.