View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012   #118
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 316914 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Adrian Peterson arrested in Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
While I appreciate your simplicity argument consider this - why would a club or police officer refuse giving water to someone they claim was obviously inebriated? When closing time hits they usually start serving up water and Red Bull as quickly as they can to perk up the drunks.
Well I guess it depends on which story you buy into. One says he was polite and asked for water (unnamed source). The next story says he was drunk and demanding a drink after closing time (club GM).

His mug shot looks like he was drinking to me.

Quote:
Also, how credible is a club GM who is essentially stating now "we kept serving drinks over several hours to an obviously belligerently drunk person?" Does it make any sense as the GM relates it that AP had to act so poorly he got stuck in the VIP area? - what club around would not automatically put AP in the VIP area?
I have not seen the story where the GM admitted that they kept serving him drinks after he was inebriated. Like Stemp, my impression was that AP was being an egomaniac and they decided to put him in VIP.

I did use the term "belligerence" in one of my previous posts, but that was describing AP during the incident and from the perspective that he was drunk when confronting the cops. That's the first word that comes to my mind anytime some intoxicated fool starts picking fights with a cop. But the club GM never used that word, iirc.

As far as putting him him VIP upon arrival, perhaps since the club was only open for another 35-40 minutes (according to AP), they might not have felt it warranted?

Quote:
In the end it is useless at this point to accept anything said IF there really is surveillance video.
Yep, true. It will be interesting to see if anything comes from the vid.

I've got a hunch that HPD will drop the charge because it's a little weak, and AP will want to get this behind him before the football season starts.