View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012   #104
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Adrian Peterson arrested in Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
I will bet the anti AD people have never had a problem with cops being out of line.

The pro AD people have had these problems.

I find that if you do what the cops ask of you, you wont have these problems. Although I can see cops having problems with a young rich black guy not doing what they are telling him to do. Even if it is asking for a glass of water. Cops are generally big introverts with huge egos.

This is usually a case of who is the biggest swinging d**k in the club and it never turns out well for the young rich black athlete.
A lot of contradictions in your post.

You start off by saying that some have had cop problems and some have not...therefore the opinions being stated here are lining up with those experiences.

Then you say "I find that if you do what the cops ask of you, you wont have these problems"

Then you swerve immediately into an attack and blanket statement about cops. With racial comments sprinkled in, as well.

At the end of the day, most cops are just wanting to get off their shift and go home and celebrate making it through the day alive and unharmed.

EDIT: I just remembered a story that fits this issue. I have a friend who is a cop, long-time veteran, and he had to remove a disorderly person from Wal-Mart. Multiple times within a 30 minute span; the disorderly guy kept going back into Wal-Mart. Finally, the cop takes him out for like the 3rd time and the guy spits into the cop's face. My friend says "I will take a cussing all day long. You spit in my face, you go to jail. You just CHOSE to go to jail, so I will take you there." See what I mean? Cops actually put up with quite a bit, but anytime hands are laid on them, or body fluids are hurled upon them, they're going to take the person to jail. At some point, the game is over.

Adrian Peterson laid hands on an officer who was asking him and his group to leave. The officer did not respond to the trash talk. The officer responded to AP laying his hands on him. Totally justified.

Adrian wasn't busted up. Adrian MESSED up. And he's trying to recover some public opinion by saying the cops were over the line.

There would be a huge outcry if he genuinely suffered at the hands of cops. There would be no shortage of people running to the podium. As it stands, there's an opportunistic lawyer and a sad sack NFL superstar at the podium.