View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012   #96
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 279120 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Adrian Peterson arrested in Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
If I was a club owner I would prefer an officer as well.

I just have concerns over the authority and repercussions. A bouncer has the right to walk you to the door. If you pull your arm away you don't get charged with resisting arrest. A bouncer may chest bump you and you bump him back - it's just a batter and the ump arguing over the plate. Same thing happens with an officer and you may end up with an assaulting an officer charge. I think knowing they have the same power of enforcement encourages a minority of them to act more aggressively. I think them wearing their uniforms alone lends a weight to their instructions.
Very interesting. I never really gave it much thought. Then again, I don't go to bars and don't get rowdy at public events to have a security guard, bouncer, or off-duty cop have to man-handle me.

Good points, though. Their uniform definitely adds weight to their instructions. I've seen it many times at games and concerts (those are off-duty cops at those events, right?)