View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012   #93
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 228126 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak
Default Re: Adrian Peterson arrested in Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
As far as your second point, I have never really thought about it. But, if I was a club owner in need of security, I'd much rather have an HPD officer than some Barney Fife rent-a-cop. I can't speak for their authority on or off duty, but I thought cops were cops 24/7, regardless of on/off job status. That's pure assumption on my part, though, so nothing to support by way of law.
If I was a club owner I would prefer an officer as well.

I just have concerns over the authority and repercussions. A bouncer has the right to walk you to the door. If you pull your arm away you don't get charged with resisting arrest. A bouncer may chest bump you and you bump him back - it's just a batter and the ump arguing over the plate. Same thing happens with an officer and you may end up with an assaulting an officer charge. I think knowing they have the same power of enforcement encourages a minority of them to act more aggressively. I think them wearing their uniforms alone lends a weight to their instructions.