View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012   #92
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Adrian Peterson arrested in Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
GP or anyone slapping him on the back for this post please show where anyone has begrudged officers working two jobs or making money?

The only comments I have seen have been about the authority they are permitted to exercise while off-duty which includes working another job or out bird watching.
I'm not sure of the origin of GP's rant. I was just using it to piggy back after reading powda's informative post. I think GP's last line was more from a perspective in general about some of the less-than-positive stories and anti-cop sentiment in the NSZ, but he would have to confirm that to be the case. Like you have said before, though, good cop stories are not really newsworthy so we do not talk about them.

As far as your second point, I have never really thought about it. But, if I was a club owner in need of security, I'd much rather have an HPD officer than some Barney Fife rent-a-cop. I can't speak for their authority on or off duty, but I thought cops were cops 24/7, regardless of on/off job status. That's pure assumption on my part, though, so nothing to support by way of law.