View Single Post
Old 07-10-2012   #85
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 140377 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Adrian Peterson arrested in Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
I have the same misgiving - not specific to this story. I don't see why this power which belongs to everyone is not enough when off duty:

Maybe some tweaks for officers being automatic CHL off-duty, etc.

Supposedly they do have cameras.

Sure generally the cops working security are fine. The very great majority of the time in fact. But, and I am not saying this applies here, every once in a while you get the jackass. For example I was standing at a bar downtown next to a female friend and she started to get into an argument with the bartender. All the sudden I get two hand shoved in the back, whirl and there you go an off-duty but in uniform cop who literally said "what you gonna do?" As far as I am concerned he should have lost all legal protection at that point. If you can't have the professionalism expected of an on-duty officer then you shouldn't have the authority or protection when off-duty.
Just curious, why did your female friend get into an arguement with the bartender?