View Single Post
Old 07-08-2012   #40
Texn4life
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27592 Texn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexn4life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Adrian Peterson arrested in Houston

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingh99 View Post
Ever wonder why NBA players don't want to live here? Clubbing is often problematic.
This actually isn't true completely. There are a lot of NBA players and NFL players who have homes in Houston, but don't play here. I will say that lately there is a thought out there amongst a lot of people that clubbing options for young, rich, BLACK athletes have become limited here in Houston. Probably a good thing though because it would seem to do these guys a favor and keep them out of trouble.

As for as AP, I really see it as being out of character for him. If he initiated contact with the officer then he was justified in being arrested. HPD hasn't been notorious for throwing their weight around against high profile athletes here, but there have been a couple of incidents that have brought attention. In fact, most of the interactions that I've been around have seen HPD cater to guys in different ways to look out for them. Pretty sure that more will come out over the next few days, but I'm sure the Vikings probably just care that AP was out getting hammered while he's trying to recover from an ACL injury. Having seen my share of fights in clubs and bars in Houston, I'm sure they would want him to not chance it by being in that type of environment.
Texn4life is offline   Reply With Quote